Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Daily Bite: India Gate Restaurant

After going to the Bellevue Temple last night Matt and I went to the India Gate Restaurant.  I have loved Indian food ever since Matt introduced it to me on our first date at India Palace.  I have been missing India Palace's mango lassis and Coconut Chicken Korma.

India Gate was pretty good, but it wasn't India Palace.  The mango lassi at India Gate had less mango and more yogurt flavor, and Matt thought it was more sugary.  I liked the Chicken Korma, but the real treat was the bite of Matt's Lamb Tika Masala.  The lamb tasted just like venison my Opa Lynn made, except Opa's was a bit more salty.  It brought me back to years ago, sitting at Opa's table, enjoying the delicious meat.  If we do end up going back, I will skip the lassi, but I will definitely get the Lamb Tika Masala.

No comments:

Post a Comment