Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Daily Bite: Bengal Tiger

http://www.flickr.com/photos/findwell/6256194678/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Matt and I found a Living Social Deal for Indian food, so naturally we jumped on it.  The deal was for the Indian Restaurant Bengal Tiger, located in Roosevelt Washington.  We ate there for lunch yesterday.  My favorite thing was definitely the Seafood Shorba.  It just had an amazing flavor.  It is a soup with fresh ginger and garlic, along with fresh cod, mussels, prawns, and calamari.  Yum.  Ola.  We also got Samosas, which were tasty.  I also love the dips and flat bread stuff they gave us at the beginning of our meal.  I have no idea what it is called though.  Matt ordered Shrimp Tikka Masala, which I thought tasted more like a Korma because it had coconut milk, but it was good.  And I had Lamb Bhuna, which was really tasty.  However, I thought it tasted better warmed up hours later.  Random.  And we had Mango Lassis.


However, my search for the perfect Mango Lassi continues.  The Bengal Tiger was good.  Really good.  But it was still not India Palace.  Amrik Singh's Mango Lassi and Coconut Chicken Korma has seriously ruined me for anything else.  And I just found out he gives out the recipes!  Tomorrow morning I'm writing him a thank you letter and requesting some recipes.

This link includes a Chicken Korma recipe: http://www.uvureview.com/2011/07/05/13822/.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment