Monday, January 31, 2011

Leap into the Wild

09:53 Lately I have considering releasing Winston into the wild. I really didn't want to walk into the room and see him floating in the tank, dead. I know he is just a fish, but I rescued him from the Bio 420 lab. I really like that fish, he was my fish-friend when Matt was on his internship.

Then I did research, and Matt was right, Winston wouldn't make it in our arid to semiarid climate. With winters. But then I found out Zach's Girlfriend, Maria wanted a fish. So Matt and I decided to give her Winston. Everything was going well, we dropped of the bowl, green plant, greek ruin and year supply of food. But then I found out later Winston jumped out of his bowl and Maria found him on the kitchen counter! She was quick and put him back in the water and gave him Fish CPR by spinning the bowl around. Luckily, he was still alive.

Maria said she would try to get him into therapy so that he did not try to commit suicide again. Ogden thinks Winston missed me and was pulling a Nemo. Hopefully Winston won't try it again, but I'm glad I gave him to someone who can do Fish CPR.

19:04 Winston died today. Maria came home from school and he was dead. Matt and I picked him up and took him up the canyon. I let him go in the river. It was pretty dark, freezing cold and everything was covered in snow, but it was peaceful. Matt held onto my hand so that I could get closer to the water without slipping on the snow. I dipped him into the water and watched him drift away.

No comments:

Post a Comment