Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thoughts From a Wandering Doe

http://www.bluemousemonkey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/doe.jpg

My Brother and I were driving back from Salt Lake, and I told him my latest update was Thoughts From a Wandering Doe. Even though I was totally joking, for a second he thought I was serious. It is still totally a joke, but now I am wondering what advice would a wandering doe give?

First let's ask Bambi's mother. I remember being so sad Bambi's mom actually died, and I'm surprised Disney put that in one of their films. They usually just have the character be motherless from the beginning I.E. Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Cinderella's Prince, Pocohontas, Aladdin, Jasmine, Pinocchio and Mulan. Almost all the Disney princesses.

According to the ridiculously long synopsis from IMDB, "Bambi paused to sniff curiously along the way, then scampered after his mother again. "Meadow? What's the meadow?" he asked. "It's a very wonderful place," his mother told him..."Hush, now. We're almost there." And she lead him up over a little hill."

In retrospect, Bambi's mother would have never taken him near the meadow. She would probably advise to stay as far away from the meadow/danger as possible. Futhermore, she would say if you don't listen, your ominous father ("A huge, dark shape loomed above him...He was staring down at the little fawn, his face hidden in shadow.") who is literally twice as old as me ("For of all the deer in the forest, not one has lived half so long...") will try to raise you in the brief time between two scenes. This poor doe didn't really have a chance.

And I'm adding, don't name your son Bambi, it's a girl's name.

I'm pretty sure there are some deer in Snow White, but they just dust and eat pie, not much to learn from that...

Fawns start walking in the first five minutes after being born. I find that incredible. It takes us months before we start walking. And in the winter, they eat bark, even though they like grass. Also, according to infoplease.com, a White-tailed Deer can run 30 miles per hour. That's pretty fast.

I'm not sure there are anymore exceptionally interesting facts about deer. But if there are, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment