Monday, July 16, 2012

The Daily Bite & The Fremont Bridge Troll

Today we went to Fremont and saw the Fremont Bridge Troll.  I have driven over it more than a dozen times but I had no idea it was under me.  The troll is holding a real VW bug! 




As we were walking to our car we stopped and got gelato at Royal Grinders.  It was delicious!  It was my first time having gelato though.  Matt, who has had gelato before said it was just pretty good.  Although, in my quest to find a mango lassi rival, the mango gelato brought me a little closer.  



The sidewalk at the gelato place was an incredible mosaic of broken tiles interspersed with everyday objects!  


Notice the lock, skeleton key, sea horse and handcuffs,

Gear, chain, dice, coin


Scissors, letter "G", and stone heart.  It almost feels like a real life "I Spy" book

One of the things I love most about Seattle is the pockets of art that are hidden everywhere.  Random street corners, alleyways, and parks are covered in artwork.  


This is a statue of Lenin that was toppled during the fall of the Soviet Union and then brought to Seattle.  I know, right?


This was a street corner we walked past in Fremont.  Like I said, art everywhere.  


This is a park I visited about a month ago when I was getting painting supplies in Ballard


There were big wooden poles, with different shapes on top.  This one had a tree


It's a mushroom-jellyfish-tree 


Metal-disk-mushroom


Another tree


A clump of stone and sea shells


This picture was also taken in Fremont on our way back to the car.  The roots of the tree have grown into a square shape!  It was really cool, but also a bit sad.  I bet the tree would be much bigger if it had more room to grow.  




  


No comments:

Post a Comment