Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Far Side of Magnolia

Today I took my husband on a picnic to the far side of Magnolia.  It was wonderful, really hot and sweaty, but wonderful.  We found some wild blackberry bushes and each had a hand full of sun ripened berries.  But the bushes fought back, I have thorn scratches all over my legs.  For our picnic, I even got some exotic food, namely imported cheese.  It was a rare treat to have Gruyère, Brie, Prosciutto, bean sprouts, Dijon and cherub tomato sandwiches.  And to finish it off we enjoyed mango lemonade.   


My husband caught me frolicking.  


I found a field of Sweet Peas!


Sweat Peas are my favorite flowers.  Not only are they the flowers for April, when I was born, but they mean "Thank you for a lovely time".


The view of the Puget Sound at our picnic was amazing.


I collected a bouquet of Sweet Peas for our apartment. 


I love the curly vines.  


Fun story, today at my church it was teacher appreciation day.  They gave us all flowers and chocolate!  I picked this vase with the two calla Lilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment