Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

Christmas this year was exceptionally fun (It is every year). We started on Christmas Eve going to my Grandparent's house in Ogden. We sang, talked and ate for hours. My Mom's side of the family is quite numerous. My Grandpa and Grandma had twelve children, and nine of them were at the party, with most of their children. I took a ton of pictures.

Later we went to my parent's home and watched Christmas movies and then fell asleep. But not before we had a Christmas devotional, we had one on Christmas Morning as well. On Christmas morning, we woke up to my Mom's amazing cinnamon rolls. Then we opened all our presents and stockings. It was so much fun giving everyone their gifts and seeing how excited they all were. And I'm just going to say it, it was fun getting presents. Before we left Mom sent us off with some Christmas ham because we wouldn't be there for dinner.

Matt and I then drove to Matt's family's house for Dinner. First we played Glee Karaoke. Hayley and Whitney were doing awesome. Matt did really well with his rendition of Kanye West's "Golddigger." I was proud. After Matt sang "Golddigger" almost everyone else wanted to try. Even Matt's Dad. He did a good job, but it was really funny seeing an accounting professor rapping, especially that song. Then we ate dinner. It was delicious, as always. At the end we ate "La galette des Rois" or The King's Cake, symbolizing when the wise men visited the baby Jesus. I found the Baby Jesus in my piece of cake so I got to wear a crown. Then we had a miniature Hanukkah celebration. Matt's Mom converted to the LDS Church when she was sixteen, but before that, she and her mom practiced Judaism. It was fun, we lit a Menorah and we got gifts that were tastefully Jewish. Whitney gave us our gifts from Austria, I got a Mozart music box. I love it. Then Matt and I went to our little home and exchanged our gifts to each other. After, Matt and Zach set up our Wii's so they could play Mario Kart together. Then Matt and I just played games, drank sparking cider, and relaxed.


No comments:

Post a Comment