Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Elizabeth's Chicken Chili

Everything I've learned about cooking, I learned from my Mom. My Mother is an incredible cook, and this is one of her recipes. It is the best Chicken Chili Matt and I have ever tasted.

3 15oz Cans Great Northern White Beans
(or 2 Cans White beans and 1 Can Black Beans)
1 Small Onion
2 Cups Chicken broth or bouillon
1/2 tsp Chopped garlic minced
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup Sour cream

2 Cups Cooked chicken
1 Can Diced green chilies
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Oregano
3/4 tsp Salt
Pinch of black pepper
Dash of Cayenne Red pepper

In a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, saute onions and garlic in 2 Tbsp butter, then add all the ingredients except the sour cream. Simmer on just above medium heat for 10 minutes. Then add the sour cream and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment