Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Daily Bites: Pike Place Chowder, Doc's Marina, Zeeks Pizza again, Lunchbox Laboratory, and Ivar's

We ate at a lot of delicious places while Shan and Billy were here.  


Matt and I had eaten at Pike Place Chowder before, but it was more amazing then I remembered!  The first time I had chicken and corn chowder, and this time I had California Clam Chowder.  I would definitely recommend it!  Matt had scallop chowder, I may or may not have had several spoonfuls, and it was also amazing.  Later I looked up some tips from the owner, apparently they add dill and lime juice.  Whatever they do, they should keep doing it.  


Kristin Hannah treated us to Doc's Marina when we met her on Bainbridge Island.  I had the lobster bisque and it was really good.  I am mainly excited I discovered they serve lobster mac and cheese, which are two of Matt's all time favorite foods.  We will be going back, probably for Matt's birthday.


We had to introduce them to Zeeks Pizza, and they picked the club chicken pizza.  It was really good, but the Buffalo Soldier is still my favorite.  I love that Zeeks uses fresh herbs.


We went to Lunchbox Laboratory because we had heard a lot of good things about it.  It was all true.  But it was dramatically under-exaggerated.  THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING HAMBURGER I HAVE EVER TASTED.  It was like a Fourth of July firework display in my mouth, but on Christmas, while wearing my favorite Halloween costume.  It was Dork (duck and pork), feta, black truffle mayo and gorgonzola spread.  My mouth is literally watering just thinking about it.  Enough about an amazing sandwich.  


We also went to Ivar's (Keep cɐlm) the Seattle classic.  I had scallops and chips.  And it was tasty as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment